GREAT FLORIDA CATTLE DRIVE 21
500 YEARS OF CATTLE & HORSES IN FLORIDA
The Florida Cow Culture Preservation Committee invites the Florida Cattlemen’s Association to once again be a partner in this historic event. We will drive 1000 head of Cracker type cattle through historic central Florida cattle country. We will be on the trail for 6 – 7 days and end with a big Celebration/Frolic open to the public.
Each FCA County organization that provides 20 head of cracker type cattle can send free of charge…
- One Cow Hunter for each 20 head supplied
- One wagon & driver if County Association Sponsors
- Participants are requested to dress as an 1880’s Florida Cow Hunter
- County should be prepared to deliver and pick up their cattle
- All cattle will be vetted for suitability and must receive shipping fever vaccine.
- Cattle will be marked with the Drive Brand, F500 or an old Spanish type brand
- Drive will provide food for all participants & livestock
- Cattle are limited to 1000
- Participants are limited to 500 at this time
Committee intends to:
- Invite cattlemen from Spain to participate (they started it all)
- Get the most press coverage possible for this 500th anniversary celebration
- Promote the 2016 Drive Documentary Film & Book to fire up interest
- Custom Painted life size Cracker Steer statues to promote industry, ranches & businesses that live the lifestyle. Will be sold at auction like cattle.
- Host programs across the state during 2021 to promote the industry & Drive
- Cowboy Poetry, Music, Story Telling, Cracker Art Shows, Clinics and History Gatherings
- Cattle Symposium & Book like the FCA did in 1995
I hope that you are as excited about this historic quincentennial celebration as we are. If you have any questions, check our website or call Doyle Conner Jr at (850) 410-0956 or any committee member you know. Please check out the Drive Facebook page and DVD to get a feel for the absolute delight of the participants of the 2016 Drive. Bring your family on the adventure of a lifetime. This opportunity to promote our industry and heritage does not come around every day so get fired up and help us make this song a hit.