Eligibility – Any current JFCA member in good standings, that is 13 – 15 years old.
Serving as a member of the Junior Florida Cattlemen’s Association Junior Advisory Board is truly an honor. We intend for this year of service to be an opportunity to learn as much as you can about the JFCA, the way our association works and yourself!
As a member of the Junior Advisory Board for the JFCA, you will be given the opportunity to help out at and attend several events throughout the year. A few of these events are:
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Okeechobee, September 7 – 8
- Ranch Rodeo – Kissimmee, September 27 – 28
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Kissimmee, October 4 – 5
- A FALL Field Day – TBD
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Fanning Springs, November 22 -23
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Ocala, December 13 – 15
- FCA Convention – Orlando, June
When asked to serve on the Junior Advisory Board, you are being given the opportunity to shadow the Board of Directors. You will be able to help out at a variety of events and learn all aspects of the JFCA. As part of our JFCA
Leadership team, you will be asked to adhere to some guidelines and standards.
- Be an active member of the team, doing your part to make this the best year ever!
- Speaking to members and non-members about the association
- Having a good attitude and always representing the JFCA in a positive way
- Setting a good example to other members through your actions, attitude and interaction with others.
- Assisting the Youth Committee in accomplishing tasks
Your role as a member of the Junior Advisory Board is a very important one and one that we do not take lightly. We hope that you are prepared for the responsibility that will be placed upon your shoulders and we hope that you will step up and take a leading role in this association.
Things to make note of:
- You will be supplied one JFCA shirt. Additional shirts will be available for purchase if you would like to buy them.
- You will be responsible for the majority of your travel expenses.
- You will be responsible for convention registration and hotel expenses.
Steps to serve on the Junior Advisory Board:
- Applicants must fill out and submit a questionnaire type application.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee, who will select a set number (TBD) of members to interview for a seat on the board.
- Those selected will be notified by Tuesday, July 23rd.
- Interviews, for only those selected by the committee, will take place on Friday, July 26th after Board of Directors Interviews, which start at 11:00 am (Tampa Fairgrounds)