Eligibility – Any current JFCA member that is 16 – 18 years old and has not graduated High School. Member must also be able to drive or have transportation to scheduled events.
Serving as a member of the Junior Florida Cattlemen’s Association Board of Directors is truly an honor. We intend for your year of service to amazing, and we hope that you will learn a lot about yourself and grow in your love and knowledge of this industry.
As a member of the Board of Directors for the JFCA, you will be the governing board for the association. You will be asked to do many things throughout the year; a few of these duties include, but are not limited to:
- Be an active member of the team, doing your part to make this the best year ever!
- Be a mentor to the Junior Advisory Board members.
- Giving JFCA reports as needed (quarterly meetings, field days, other events)
- Speaking to members and non-members about the association
- Having a good attitude and always representing the JFCA in a positive way
- Assisting the Youth Committee in accomplishing tasks
- Submit an article (or two) to the FCA Magazine.
- Social Media postings on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- There will be some functions that are required and some that are negotiable. Full details to come later, however some tentative dates are as follows:
- Officer Retreat/Training – Homosassa, Aug. 4 – 5
- FCA Quarterly – Plant City, September 5
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Okeechobee, September 7 – 8
- Ranch Rodeo – Kissimmee, September 27 – 28
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Kissimmee, October 4 – 5
- A FALL Field Day – TBD
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Fanning Springs, November 22 -23
- JFCA Officer Event – December, TBD
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Ocala, December 13 – 15
- FCA Legislative Quarterly – Tallahassee, January 21 – 23
- A Spring Industry Tour
- FCA Convention – Orlando, June
Your role as a Board member is a very important one and one that we do not take lightly. We hope that you are prepared for the responsibility that will be placed upon your shoulders and we hope that you will step up and take a leading role in this association.
Things to make note of:
- You will be supplied official JFCA Board Shirts.
- You will need to have a navy blazer, khaki pants and dress jeans.
- You will be responsible for the majority of your travel expenses. More details on this forthcoming.
- You will be responsible for your hotel expenses and ½ of your convention registration.
Steps to serve on the Board of Directors:
- Applicants must fill out and submit a questionnaire type application and upload a current resume.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee, who will select a set number (TBD) of members to interview for a seat on the board.
- Those selected will be notified by Tuesday, July 23rd.
- Interviews, for only those selected by the committee, will take place on Friday, July 26th at 11:00 am (Tampa Fairgrounds).