Eligibility – Any current JFCA member in good standings that has graduated High School – 21 years old. Need not be a college student to apply.
Serving as a member of the Junior Florida Cattlemen’s Association Collegiate Advisory Board is truly an honor. We intend for your year of service to amazing, and we hope that you will learn a lot about yourself and grow in your love and knowledge of this industry. We hope that the Collegiate Advisory Board will help plan and execute key events for the JFCA and help us bridge the gap between membership in the JFCA and the Adult FCA Association.
As a member of the Collegiate Advisory Board for the JFCA, you will be asked to do many things throughout the year. A few of these duties include, but are not limited to:
- Be an active member of the team, doing your part to make this the best year ever!
- Attending 2 quarterly meetings, to shadow an FCA Executive Board Member
- Speaking to members and non-members about the association
- Having a good attitude and always representing the JFCA in a positive way
- Assisting the Youth Committee in accomplishing tasks
- Submit an article (or two) to the FCA Magazine on a set schedule
- Assisting with Social Media postings.
- There will be some functions that are required and some that are negotiable. Full details to come later, however some tentative dates are as follows:
- FCA Quarterly – Plant City, September 5
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Okeechobee, September 7 – 8
- Ranch Rodeo – Kissimmee, September 27 – 28
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Kissimmee, October 4 – 5
- A FALL Field Day – TBD
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Fanning Springs, November 22 -23
- JFCA Beef Show Series – Ocala, December 13 – 15
- FCA Legislative Quarterly – Tallahassee, January 21 – 23
- FCA Convention – Orlando, June
- Collectively as a Board, you will be asked to put together an informational display for the JFCA which can be used at trade shows, fairs, festivals and events. You will also be asked to put together and schedule some events to attend to help with promotion of the association.
When asked to serve on the Collegiate Advisory Board, you are being given the opportunity to assist the FCA Youth Committee and the JFCA Board of Directors. You will be asked to assist in a variety of events and will help be a spokesperson for the JFCA. Your role as a member of the Collegiate Advisory Board is a very important one and one that we do not take lightly. We hope that you are prepared for the responsibility that will be placed upon your shoulders and we hope that you will step up and take a leading role in this association.
Things to make note of:
- You will be supplied one JFCA shirt. Additional shirts will be available for purchase if you would like to buy them.
- You will be responsible for the majority of your travel expenses.
- You will be responsible for convention registration and hotel expenses.
Steps to serve on the Collegiate Advisory Board:
- Applicants must fill out and submit a questionnaire type application and submit a resume.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee, who will select a set number (TBD) of members to interview for a seat on the board.
- Those selected will be notified by Tuesday, July 23rd.
- Interviews, for only those selected by the committee, will take place on Friday, July 26th after Board of Directors Interviews, which start at 11:00 am (Tampa Fairgrounds)