FCW Report for October 2019
As we moved into the month of September, we were so fortunate to have been spared from the wrath of such a devastating storm as Dorian. When something as scary as the news of a major Cat 5 hurricane is headed our way, our Florida cattle families stand strong with prayer, reach out to each other, offer their help, and make things happen. I am so proud to say we have some of the most genuine, generous, and caring people in our association in the time of need. In my own family just as many of you, we have raised our children and have instilled in our grandchildren these values. I truly believe our Florida cattle families are a rarity, they are treasures, and this rareness makes us who we are.
I am so excited as we have been so busy this first half of the year with numerous activities and more lined up on the calendar for the remainder of 2019!
- 9/12-13 FCA Fall Quarterly Meetings/ FCW steak-out dinner.
- Hope Children’s Home names will be available at the Fall Quarterly BOD/ General Meeting and encouraging to please donate monetary so we can provide the children in the home with Ground Beef in their meals throughout the year!
- 9/21 Beef Short Course to be held at the Sumter County Livestock Market with education of how the markets operate/ A Queen of the Rope contest for FCW included.
- 9/27-28 FCA Ranch Rodeo Finals/ FCW and County CattleWomen will be Volunteering at the Concessions.
- 10/11/19 CattleWomen’s College and Cattle management for women. Sebring, FL UF/IFAS South Florida Beef forage program.
- “Ag Days” at the Arcadia Ranch Rodeo on October 19, 2019 to highlight our Beef Industry by handing out beef pamphlets and sharing our story as FCW. Volunteers Needed.
- ”Share our Story Month” please lets make goal to all get in the classrooms in the “Month of October” and make it a month full of reading to the children about BEEF and tell our story as the families on the ranch! Call your local schools to schedule!!
- Holiday Gift Market Tampa 11/7-10, 2019
FCW will be handing out Promotional and Educational materials and beef samples to consumers. Volunteers Needed!
- Savage Race to be held at Little Everglades Ranch on 11/9-10 2019 the FCW will be promoting beef and educating the athletes about the importance of beef in their diet. Volunteers Needed!
- The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the FCW/ Cowbelle History Cabinet will be in Kissimmee at the FCA office. Will announce date soon. Plans for a November date.
- December Quarterly 5-6, 2019. Installation of the 2020 FCW Officers and collection of Hope Children’s Home gifts, and we will again be passing the hat for donations for the purchase of Beef Certificates to provide the children’s home with Ground Beef through out the year!
- December date-TBA Hope Children’s Home Gifts and Beef Certificates will be delivered by cattle trailer and Santa to the children at the Hope Children’s Home, please join us!
Our Florida CattleWomen have been very busy this past month, our FCW Executive Board ladies we able to spend an amazing weekend together at our annual FCW retreat that was held at the beautiful 4G Ranch in Pasco County. Thank you to 4G for their wonderful hospitality and Kara Nathe McCarty for helping with all the details. On Friday night the ladies enjoyed an informative Swamp buggy ride tour, fellowship around the campfire, and a wonderful steak dinner. On Saturday we were treated to an amazing Breakfast, a fun clay shoot and lunch. A photographer then captured great photos of the Executive Board in attendance on horses that were provided. We then finished off the day with a great meeting as Casie Holloway shared with the board ideas for the 2020-2021 year for FCW. What an amazing group of ladies we have not only at our state level, but all the amazing ladies on the county level as well!
What a wonderful time as many of our CattleWomen from across the state attended the Rabo AgriFinance’s 4th Annual “Women in Ag Luncheon” held at the beautiful Bella Collina, in Montverde, FL. We all throughly enjoyed and welcomed the advice and humor of Mrs. Jolene Brown about working with your family within the agriculture industry. I can relate very well as we have several generations of our family who all work together daily, and as many of our cattle families do here in Florida. As Florida CattleWomen we are very blessed to have Sage Gray of Rabo AgriFinance as one of our very own, a strong advocate of our industry and we thank her for the invitation and wonderful event showcasing such amazing women of all commodities.
Psalms 107:29 – He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.