Florida Ranch Rodeo & Cowboy Heritage Festival
Participate with the Cowboy Heritage Festival
The Cowboy Heritage Festival was the brain child of the Florida Cow Culture Preservation Committee and the Florida Cattlemen's Historical Committee. Fund raising from two cattle drives and various sponsors helped assist local 4-H and FFA groups.
The festival is designed to feature Florida history and cowboy art through various themes and displays.
Activities and exhibits currently participating in the Festival include:
- Historical Camp Sites including the Seminole Heritage Camp, Spanish Heritage Camp Site, Cracker Cow Camp; Cow Calvary Camp; Timucuan Camp; and a Pioneer Camp.
- Singers and cowboy poets who describe the history of our region.
- Florida Cowboy Artists using photography, oil and water color.
- "Meet The Author" event with writers who produce Florida History and Heritage books.
- Florida Cattle Rustling reenactment.
- Swamp Cabbage and other traditional foods being prepared.
- Demonstrations on how cow whips, spurs and saddles are made.
- Whip Popping/Cracking Contest.
If you have an exhibit or performance that you think should be included in our event, please contact the Committee Chair, Larry Ellis, email@example.com.