Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation Recognizes 15 Years Unveils New Logo Showcasing Florida Cattle Industry
KISSIMMEE, FL – The Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation, a non-profit 501(c-3) organization whose mission is to: support beef cattle research; support education related to beef cattle and the development of young leadership and; preserve Florida cattle ranching history and culture. In 2014, the Foundation celebrates 15 years of achievements and unveils a new logo that demonstrates its continued commitment to the Florida cattle ranching industry.
“The 15th year is known as the Crystal anniversary and our Foundation achievements are ‘crystal clear.’ We’re proud of our commitment to help develop industry leadership, as well as our efforts to support beef cattle research and promote environmental stewardship,” notes Jim Strickland, Chairman of the Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation. “Our new logo demonstrates the commitment of our industry by featuring a cow head graphic composed of two mirror image Florida maps. The logo reflects our industry and our state than by incorporating both within its design.”
The Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation has been successful because of the volunteer time and commitment of its board of directors, comprised of nearly two dozen men and women, highly skilled in ranch management, environmental stewardship, publishing, business, finance and law. The current board and those in the past have helped the Foundation achieve much in the last 15 years.
– MORE –
An overview of achievements by the Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation includes:
- Development and production of Expedition Florida – a series of six videos which strongly highlight the preservation of Florida cattle ranching land, airing on WUSF-TV and other public television stations throughout the state.
- Installation of the 2,400 square foot museum exhibit Florida Cattle Ranching: Five Centuries of Tradition for long-term display at the Florida State Fairgrounds and publication of a 120-page exhibition catalog.
- Partially funding two publications that present photography by nationally acclaimed photographer and member of one of Florida’s oldest cattle ranching families, Carlton Ward Jr. : Florida Cowboys : Keepers of the Last Frontier, University Press of Florida, 2009; and an annual calendar, Florida Ranches.
- Development of the Foundation Herd Program, allowing members to designate one calf annually for which the sale proceeds would be donated to the Foundation.
- The University of Florida / Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Research Activities – Foundation supports research activities on livestock and forage production as well as the enhancement of natural resources linked to grazing landscapes.
- Range Cattle Research and Education Center at Ona – the Foundation contributed over $230,000 toward construction of two multi-purpose buildings for the University of Florida – IFAS. The buildings at the North Florida Education and research center at Marianna serve as a resident resource for students and visiting scientists conducting research.
- Annual Ranch Rodeo Finals & Cowboy Heritage Festival – held for the last 7 years at Osceola Heritage Park / Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee, provides an opportunity for the general public to learn about the rich history and heritage of Florida cattle ranching. More than 350 volunteers support this two-day event that reaches approximately 8,000 attendees. Proceeds from this annual event benefit the Foundation.
- Provides Funding for the Florida Cattlemen’s Leadership Academy (FCLA) A program that identifies, develops, and encourages the next generation of leaders for the Florida cattle industry and the Florida Cattlemen’s Association.
- Scholarships and Youth Programs – The Foundation has committed $15,000 annually toward youth education including: Champion of Champions Program held annually at the Florida State Fair, The Florida Cattlemen Travel Course, The University of Florida Cattle Judging Team, the Junior Florida Cattlemen Association Competitions, FFA and 4-H activities.
The Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation, founded in 1999, is dedicated to the preservation of the history, heritage and ideals of Florida cattle producers. The Foundation promotes a sustainable cattle industry by building viable programs in scholarship, continuing education, research and leadership development both for the current industry and its leaders as well as for future leaders to come.
The Foundation is committed to creating and maintaining a strong environmental stewardship initiative to enhance and ensure the integrity of wildlife, land, water and air so the cattle industry will flourish within an environment that is best for all citizens of Florida.
The Florida Cattlemen’s Foundation actively raises funds in support of a wide variety of projects and other activities. For more information on donating to the Foundation, go to http://www.floridacattlemen.org/foundation/, email email@example.com or call 407.846.6221.
For More Media Information:For Immediate Release:
Lynn Kilroy – 813.610.3211