Florida Ranch Rodeo & Cowboy Heritage Festival
Cowboy Heritage Festival Activities
The Cowboy Heritage Festival will open at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 29th on the main grounds of the Silver Spurs Arena, located in the Osceola Heritage Park complex.
The Festival has free admission for the general public and will run through 5:00 p.m. that afternoon.
The Festival which features dozens of performers, actors, exhibits, food and displays featuring a wide range of Florida history and cowboy art.
You will be able to join in many activities occurring throughout the day:
- Tour Historical Camp Sites including the Seminole Heritage Camp, Spanish Camp Site, Cracker Cow Camp; Cow Calvary Camp; Timucuan Camp; and a Florida Pioneer Camp.
- Hear singers and cowboy poets who describe the history of our region.
- View the work of Florida Cowboy Artists using photography, oil and water color.
- "Meet The Author" with writers who produce Florida History and Heritage books.
- Watch an exciting Florida Cattle Rustling reenactment.
- See and taste Swamp Cabbage and other traditional foods being prepared.
- Watch demonstrations on how cow whips, spurs and saddles are made.
- Meet skilled craftsmen that preserve Florida cattle family ranching traditions.
- Every one enjoys the Whip Popping/Cracking Contest.
The Festival also includes our famous "Brisket Cook Off Competition" where teams from throughout the southeastern United States compete for prizes. You can judge the winning beef recipe through our People's Choice Award!