FCW 2015 in Review
Melanie Fowle, 2015 ANCW President, adopted the John C. Maxwell quote “Change is inevitable; growth is optional” to define the national efforts this year. In response to the inevitable change occurring locally, the FCW leadership shifted much of its focus during 2015 from ‘business as usual’ promotion and education to identifying solutions to improve member experience, mission attainment, and overall organizational efficiency and quality. I’m excited to see the resulting growth take shape over the next few years.
Some of the endeavors initiated this year include:
- Restructured committees to foster teamwork
- Implemented anniversary date renewal for member convenience
- Replaced print newsletter with monthly e-newsletter to enhance communication
- Executed a member survey to guide leadership
- Contracted financial services and dissolved the vice president office to simplify state leadership
- Increased state dues and developed new revenue strategies to stabilize funding
- Created and implemented a marketing plan to clearly define goals, strategies, and tactics
- Provided monthly promotion and education guidance to members/county organizations
- Shifted promotion efforts to visual social media to enhance reach and engagement
- Engaged an intern to create and implement the FCW social media editorial calendar
- Contracted a public relations firm for professional services
- Shifted traditional store-demos to include athletic and lifestyle venues, and incorporated retention marketing strategies
Despite shifting focus away from the association’s mission, the FCW still successfully promoted beef and provided education to consumers and students across the state.
A few success stories include:
- 3,000+ consumers were engaged at the Florida State Fair
- CattleWomen lobbied for beef promotion funding and other legislation in Tallahassee
- Thousands engaged during the Southern Women’s Show; nearly 1,000 shared an email address to receive beef information in the future!
- Equipped 500+ media specialists with beef resources for k-12 students
- The Beef for the Holidays public relations campaign will continue through the end of December
December Promotion Ideas
The Beef for the Holidays campaign continues to be our top priority this month: Please keep an eye out for Call to Action requests sent via email and Facebook! Keep sharing the FCW Facebook posts, as well as your original content that showcases beef recipes, beef’s role in your healthy lifestyle, and the beautiful landscapes of our industry.
On a personal note
It has been a great honor to serve as the President of the Florida CattleWomen this year. Thank you for this awesome opportunity. Though my commitments at home didn’t allow me to travel to as many events as I would’ve liked, I hope you were satisfied with the other talents I brought to our organization this year. To the members of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors: please accept my sincere thanks for your tireless work and support. I am excited for the year to come with Beth Hunt at the helm; she is organized, professional, enthusiastic, and innovative. Please join me in welcoming Beth as the 2016 President of the Florida CattleWomen.